For the sake of transparency, Enola Gaye, through their Canadian distributor Rocket Fireworks, sent me a bunch of EG18X Smoke Grenades in various colours for review. There was no remuneration other than gratis product for testing.
The size of the EG18X allows it to be carried easily in traditional military smoke/CS grenade pouches.
As I understand the Black Smoke is unique to Enola Gaye. In my opinion, the Black smoke is well suited to military simulation and movie/TV production to replicate actual smoke in a safe manner while reproducing the adverse effects on sight and situational awareness.
The EG18X produces a non-toxic smoke that is created using non-sulphur based chemical reaction. There is little to none of the lingering noxious smell or effects I have suffered from military grade smoke grenades. Additionally, my clothing did not reek of sulphur like I had assaulted Gates of Hell itself after using these pyrotechnics.
There is such a thing as too much smoke during an assault or tactical operations. Once a danger area has been crossed and contact is reestablished within the tactical element, screening smoke can be a hindrance to command and control. The ability to produce short duration thick clouds of smoke is an asset to small unit operations. As you can see in the video below, the smoke produced is thick and does obscure/screen very effectively.
The EG18X from Enola Gaye, available in Canada from Rocket Fireworks, can be used as:
- a smoke simulator in military simulation, scenario training and movie/television production;
- a brightly coloured smoke (Orange, Yellow or Red) distress marker in any survival kit;
- a non-lethal and legal force option in a bug-out bag or get home bag;
- a signaling tool and screening smoke for law enforcement operations;
- and a safe, effective and affordable option for smoke grenades for the everyday person.